What’s your passion?
Ask this to a guy standing next to you, and you have him on the back foot, at times he would give crazy answers at times he wouldn’t know. Eventually this is the fact of our lives... we don’t know what we are passionate about, jobs fall in that category too. I once asked an engineer on what is he passionate about, a little honest he said nothing. It’s very hard sometimes for us to know what we are passionate about.
A couple of weeks ago our Team gave birth to a Friday Breakfast concept... We come together to have breakfasts at office on Friday. The first session we decided to play a game where people were asked to disclose one fact about them and others to tell whether they know about this fact or not... An idea behind it was to get to know who is passionate about what... except one or 2 no one really spoke anything that leads others to know about their passion.... in other words my judgement to that fact was they aint passionate about any or many things.
I gave a serious thought on what really is passion and how do we find out what’s our passion? A while ago when I saw this movie “Julie and Julia” i wrote a post... the movie showed a way to find passion within self.. not many of us know.. but here is what we can learn from it and find out what we are passionate about...
1. When you are passionate about something, your nerves stretch, your voice raises while speaking about it.
2. When you are passionate about something you like to get into discussions and debates about it
3. When you are passionate about something you don’t care if you will fail at it.
4. When you are passionate about something you do it without feel of regrets
5. When you are passionate about something you work for free or even spend your money for it
6. When you are passionate about something you want to give a try for it, differently
7. When you are passionate about something you are smiling when it comes to the topic
8. When you are passionate about something you get into the discussions even if you are not invited for it.
9. When you are passionate about something you will do it no matter what it takes to do it
10. When you are passionate about something you will think about it.. atleast once when you are alone.
Yes.. simple. Very simple... but we don’t ask these questions to ourselves.. do we? Well not because we are not capable enough to be passionate about something.. but because we are ignorant about the fact that we are passionate about something..My wife tried 4 different businesses, every time she shut the door to those businesses for some or the other reason. Only after 4 attempts she realised that she needs something arty (Art oriented) that i find her doing with all her soul and heart...
Now get a notepad and dot down answers to these questions... I did this last week and found I am passionate about Blogging, people management, cricket, current affairs, politics , technology innovations, films, art, dance , food and ofcourse myself... Now your turn... see what you got? Share it...