Wednesday 11 May 2011

The Burning platform

You don't know where inspiration would come and strike you.. today it did to me through this post that talks about a memo from the Nokia CEO Stephen Elop . I read through the post and I read through the memo... let me be very honest and tell you that though I would not wish any of your company CEO's to write that It wont be a bad thing to get to read that... With the memo written in the post I don't know what it did or will do to the employees but I am sure it changed one thing for me sure....

It makes me realise that You are always standing on a Burning platform and you need to make that quick decision & decide if you should make efforts to get the platform out of fire or jump in the freezing water and run-away. I was always a fighter and will be so I choose to Fight it back...

In the memo that is very much open and clear the last part puts more ignition to my burning desires...

How did we get to this point? Why did we fall behind when the world around us evolved?

This is what I have been trying to understand. I believe at least some of it has been due to our attitude inside Nokia. We poured gasoline on our own burning platform. I believe we have lacked accountability and leadership to align and direct the company through these disruptive times. We had a series of misses. We haven't been delivering innovation fast enough. We're not collaborating internally.

Nokia, our platform is burning.

We are working on a path forward -- a path to rebuild our market leadership. When we share the new strategy on February 11, it will be a huge effort to transform our company. But, I believe that together, we can face the challenges ahead of us. Together, we can choose to define our future.

The burning platform, upon which the man found himself, caused the man to shift his behaviour, and take a bold and brave step into an uncertain future. He was able to tell his story. Now, we have a great opportunity to do the same.

Stephen.

As employees and leaders each one of us needs to think about how we can do what to ensure growth of the company and not what we feel right... We all stand on burning platforms and if we don't react in individual and team perspective it wont be far if we will be Ashes....Nokia may rise and shine, they have the people , the money , the vision, the force and above all the commitment to their ONLY platform... Do you? Will you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment